Monday, October 15, 2012

Macaulay turns 1!!

Has it really been a year since I had this baby of mine? That is just crazy to me!! I was really surprised to feel the way I did on his birthday. I felt sad that he is growing out of his baby stage. It just felt like this year flew by.. then I started thinking that I only have 17 more of these really short years with my little Cauls :(  I am not baby hungry (since I am about to have another baby), but I am just hungry for my baby Caulay.
I knew I would love being a Mom, but I didn't know it would feel like this. I feel like Macaulay helped me find who I really am and what I want to be. People ask me how I like being a Mom, and the best way for me to describe it is having your dream job that you love but it is a lot of work, like a lot of work!
Macaulay started walking at 11 months, but it took him about a month to perfect it. He still shuffles around like an old man. He always has to be carrying something in each hand (with his arms completely extended) as he walks. He loves the bathroom. He darts to the bathroom every chance he gets. He loves to unroll the toilet paper, and flush the toilet. He hasn't played in the water yet!! Cauls also loves the garbage can. I catch him throwing toys and binkies and whatever away all the time!!!
Macs is just about done with his binkie. We let him have it at night and in the car seat. Sippy cups are helping us cut down the bottle use. He has 2 or 3 bottles a day. His favorite foods are oatbran pancakes, PB&J's, noodles, cheese, bananans, and tomatoes. It's been difficult to get this boy to eat though!
I took him to the doctor today for his "well visit". He is 31.5 inches tall (90%), and 21 pounds (25%).

Now to his first birthday party!! It was so much fun to plan and to prepare, but after it was all said and done.. it was just soooo much work! I was exhausted!
We went with a monster themed party because it was close to Halloween. Plus its cute! For dinner we served home made Cafe Rio. I looked up all the recipies online and made the sweet pork, cilantro dressing, my MIL made the lime cilantro rice. Anyways, I tried to make it as close to Cafe Rio as possible, and I think it was even better!!
We had tons of people come and it was so nice to see everyone. He got spoiled rotten with presents! Thank you to everyone who could make it and for all your help!



















No comments:

Post a Comment