Tuesday, November 22, 2011

6 Weeks old!!

It feels like Macs has been in our lives forever. When I don't have hime with me, I feel like I am missing an arm or something. I feel like I know him inside and out, I know all his different cries, I know how to soothe him, I know his favorite things, I know what he hates! Has it really only been six weeks? But on the other hand, I look at him and wonder where the time went! How did he get so big?? How the heck is he already grew out of my favorite Newborn sized outfit?
I love seeing the changes in him. Its so fun to see him grow, develop, smile, and coo. But I am terrified that I am going to miss these special newborn moments.. am I going to forget all the cute litte things he does? I better not! I am just going to document a few things so I can remember and tell little Macs how darn cute of a newborn he was, and how much his Mama and Daddy adore him.
We love his scowls. He does it when you talk to him. He just seems so concerned.
He started smiling at 4 weeks.. not just the smile when he dreams kinda smile. It is the big open mouth grin and his eyes get small, and he only does it when you talk to him, or you are extracting snot out of his nose with a bulb syringe.
He enjoys his baths, and he really enjoys laying next to the space heater, and getting lathered with lotion... as long as he is nice and warm!
His cry is so funny.. He is just fine, and then he all of a sudden, he screams! He goes from 0-60. We say he sounds like a Pterodactyl.
His nick names now are... Macs, Cauly, Cauls, Macaularoni, Cauly Olly Wally.. and a few other random ones that are pretty generic :)
He is a sweet baby, but as he gets older, he is getting more fussy. He just seems to have more of an opinion about things. He is very loved, and he seems really happy to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment